Thursday 8 August 2019

Play Make Create

Recently I took part in  Play Make Create professional development with Paula Jamieson. We looked at using picture books and props to develop a Play Make Create learning environment. It was inspirational to meet someone who enjoys and utilises picture books as much as I do!

I decided to dive straight in with the Gruffalo as I had the resources ready and could link the learning to our inquiry about house design and homes. For the younger students that I take for Te Akoranga Raukura (readers and writers) with looked at Chatterpix. For the older year 2 and 3 students I drove the learning through elearning workshops in Aroha, focusing on animation in keynote.

I then shared the learning with staff at a Friday morning 'snapshot' PD meeting.



Since then my school has developed its own language to fit with our learners and we have decided to call it Inspire Explore Create. 

I'm looking forward to our journey with this. 

Nga Mihi,
Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment