Monday 11 March 2019

Raukura Readers

This term has started a little slower than usual and this has meant that my learners have begun with me in week 4. I have had a focus on Science experiments as part of our oral language and writing programme. My students have been really engaged in these activities which has generated a lot of discussion and questions. 


 

We begin the week with observing, discussing and drawing. Each day we come back to the experiment observe, discuss and add to our first thoughts. 




Alongside this we read and discuss to broaden our exposure to oral language and text. This may mean talking and reading in a group or by ourselves in a tent!


We also spend time writing in different formats and working towards independence and building confidence in our writing abilities. 

Alongside this we have also looked at crossing the mid line activities. In a variety of ways.




Currently my students are really engaged and right in the zone for 'having a go' or a 'growth mindset.' 

I'm looking forward to seeing where our learning will take us this term.

Nga Mihi,
Bex









No comments:

Post a Comment